Cagibi accepts submissions year round for seasonal digital issues. Each issue features original prose and poetry, most of which have been selected from unsolicited submissions. Translations may either be submitted here, or in the respective category of Fiction, Non-Fiction, or Poetry. But wherever you choose to submit your translation submission, our editors look forward to reading it.
- Our editors welcome English translations from any language of both prose and poetry.
- Include the original text if possible, as well as a short biography of the writer, a short biography of the translator, and a statement or concise paragraph introducing the work.
- If there are extenuating circumstances that prevent you from including a copy of the original text at the time of your submission, please note that in the cover letter.
- Before submitting translations of works that are not in the public domain, translators should identify the rights holder and obtain a statement that the rights to publish an English translation are available.
- TO WITHDRAW, IN WHOLE OR IN PART: For help on how to withdraw a partial of your submission, or the whole submission, see our Submission Guidelines page.
OUR NEXT EDITOR’S DEADLINE: MAY 31
We are open year-round, with rolling deadlines to facilitate our editorial workflow. We are now reading especially for Issue 7, mid-July — though regardless of when received, submissions are considered for all upcoming Cagibi issues, which are published quarterly.
We look forward to reading your work!