Cagibi accepts and reads submissions year round for quarterly online issues. Each issue features original prose and poetry, most of which have been selected from unsolicited submissions.
ESSAYS FOR OTG SERIES GUIDELINES:
- For the Cagibi OTG ("on the ground") special feature section, the editors are seeking essays in conversation with important issues unfolding in the world around us, whether literary, cultural, social, or political. We welcome a wide range of work and subject matter and form. We welcome reactions, responses, and reporting, from a wide range of perspectives and angles. There is no word count limit; use your best judgment.
- We do not consider academic papers that are limited to a particular audience or that are footnoted/in-text referenced.
- A graphic / illustrated narrative work is welcome.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted as long as you immediately withdraw your submission within Submittable should your piece be accepted elsewhere.
- Previously unpublished work only. Cagibi does not consider work that has previously appeared in print or online.
- TO WITHDRAW, IN WHOLE OR IN PART: For help on how to withdraw a partial of your submission, or the whole submission, see our Submission Guidelines page.
We look forward to reading your work!