Cagibi accepts and reads submissions year round for quarterly online issues. Each issue features original prose and poetry, most of which have been selected from unsolicited submissions.
Cagibi considers original, unpublished poetry by poets in all stages of their writing careers.
- You may submit up to 3 poems at once, depending on the length; use your best judgment.
- Place all your work in one document.
- We also publish poetry collection excerpts. The excerpts should be complete and self-contained; they should not require any written contextualization. Please do not send us your poetry collection and ask that we select an excerpt. There is no page or word count limit; use your best judgment.
- If your poem is a book-length epic, then you should think about excerpting.
- We welcome works in translation. Also, we welcome submissions from outside the United States.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted as long as you notify us immediately should your piece be accepted elsewhere.
- Previously unpublished work only. Cagibi does not consider work that has previously appeared in print or online.
- TO WITHDRAW A POEM: For help on how to withdraw a partial of your submission, or the whole submission, see our Submission Guidelines page.
OUR NEXT EDITOR’S DEADLINE: JULY 21
We are open year-round, with rolling deadlines to facilitate our editorial workflow. We are now reading especially for Issue 8, mid-October — though regardless of when received, submissions are considered for all upcoming Cagibi issues, which are published quarterly.
We look forward to reading your work!